Monday, July 21, 2008



ד כִּי-סַלְעִי וּמְצוּדָתִי אָתָּה; וּלְמַעַן שִׁמְךָ, תַּנְחֵנִי וּתְנַהֲלֵנִי.

For Thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for Thy name's sake lead me and guide me. (Psalm 31:3)

You are my crag, cliff, stronghold and my net, prey, siege works. You are my place of hiding and that which seeks to flush me out of hiding.

For the sake of your purpose, in view of your intent, in order to advance your own identity: your integrity, your place, and that which you originally conceived...

Lead me and guide me to the source of your waters, to the place of rest, to refreshment, to each of the milestones on a shared journey to the goal.

The image of God as both stronghold and siege works is a wonderful aspect of the Hebrew: A place of protection from evil and a breaking-down of barriers to experiencing God's intention.

For we must leave the rocky hiding place in order to continue toward the goal.

No comments: